How long is the application process?
Applications take 5-7 working days, may take less or more depending on how soon you comply with any additional instructions/requirements from the client and how soon the client provides feedback on your application.
If I didn’t pass my interview with a client, can I be assessed for other clients of similar roles?
Yes. As long as your qualifications fit, we will continuously endorse and assess you for other clients.
What if there aren’t any current suitable positions, can I send you my resume?
Please send us your resume and we’ll keep it on our database. We will then send you a weekly email with any suitable job openings.
I’m a Filipino but living outside the country, can I still apply since I have internet connection?
No. We are contracting Filipinos that are living within the Philippines. We pay them in Philippine Peso too so it will be sort of disadvantageous for you economically. Monitoring overseas or outside the country may also be a bit more difficult.
What are home office requirements?
You are required to have somewhere quiet to work within your house, 750Kbps minimum Internet connection and a suitable working computer.
I know someone who may be a good fit, how can I refer them?
Simply read the mechanics below for our REFERRAL PROGRAM and get the chance to earn extra for referring someone
- Virtual Coworker will pay Php 1,500.00 for every successfully placed candidate to referring parties, regardless of position and engagement status (Whether full time or part time).
- Only existing contractors and “processed” candidates qualify for the referral program. Therefore, we will only pay 3rd party individuals that fall into either the categories of a contractor or a processed candidate.
- The referred candidate must be considered as a “successful placement” and survive at least one (1) month or 30 days for the referring person to get paid. Following that, if the referred and placed candidate defaults/resigns or gets fired or released by the client under 30 days due to non performance or other contractor side defaults, then the referral fee is considered VOID.
- If the referred and placed contractor however gets terminated in less than 30 days due to the client’s default, such as non-payment to virtual co-worker, business decision etc but has confirmed positive remarks about the placed staff, the referral fee will be paid to the referring person as scheduled, after the contractor’s survives or completes his/her first 30 days.
- We will only pay a one-time referral fee for the successfully placed referral. This means that if the referred contractor after some months gets to be transferred to another client and assume a new job for whatever reason, the referral fee is no longer applicable.
- Payment will be made via electronic transfers one month after the referred staff fulfills the first 30 days. If the referring party is an existing contractor, he or she will receive the referral fee on top of his monthly PAYSLIP as a one off payment included on the usual scheduled payout. While for non contractors or those processed candidates, we can pay them either via local wire transfer or money remittance facilities like LBC, G-cash (Globe mobile users), M.Lhuiller and Cebuana Lhuiller money remittances.
How to Send in Referrals?
There are 2 easy steps on how to refer someone.
- Send your referral’s resume to the Recruitment Manager or via email@example.com including the details below in your email:
- Name of Referral
- Contact Information of Referral
- Potential Position for Referral
- You can also direct your referral to our website, and tell them to fill up an application form and indicate your name as the person who referred them.
BEING A STAFF/CONTRACTOR
Will there be training provided by the client if ever I get hired?
Yes, usually the first few days/weeks will be spent for training which will be provided by the client or the client’s designated team member. Trainings are already considered as official work day(s) so it is paid already.
Do I have to log in to any system? How will you and the client know that I’m actually logged in?
Yes, we have an in-house monitoring system that captures your screen every few minutes at random intervals. You are expected to update or input a date on to the activity tracker every 30 minutes to let your client know what you’re currently doing.
Since this is used to also record your attendance and prepare your invoice and payroll, ALL contractors are required to use the said system all throughout their shift.
What will be the working hours or schedule I’ll work on if I get hired?
Working hours or work schedule will be based on where the client is located. For example if you work for a Sydney, Australia based client, you will work alongside Eastern Standard Time, which is 2 hours ahead of Manila.
Full time contractors will have to be logged on for a total of 9 hours per day which includes 1 hour lunch break, and 2 ten minute breaks. Part time contractors will have to work 4 hours with one 10 minute break.
What will be my status if ever I get hired?
All new hires will be under probation for the first SIX (6) months of their contract. An evaluation will then be conducted by their client to determine if they will proceed to become a permanent contractor.
Depending on your performance, the client may terminate your contract within 24 hours if you’re within the probationary period.
Can I work on flexible hours as long as I fulfill the daily required work hours?
No. You are to comply with the structured work schedule that covers either a straight part time (4 hours) or full time (8 hours) shift.
Are your jobs long term or short term project based only?
We offer long term jobs that are at a minimum of 12 months. If everything works out well with your client, then the 12 month contract can easily be stretched to years ahead.
Can I work from a computer shop or internet shop in place of my home?
If you encounter a power interruption or interruption with your Internet connection, you are expected to find and work from a contingency location so you can resume work. Otherwise, you are expected to work from home.
*Exceptions may be made during really bad weathers
COMPENSATION / PAY
What currency am I paid in? Can I choose to be paid in AUD or USD?
Philippine Peso. All staff are paid in Peso.
How much will I be paid?
Salaries depend on a lot of factors such as your skills and work experience. We pay competitive salaries as we like to attract the best candidates.
Will there be any deductions or fees to be collected from contractors or staff?
As contractors, you will not be deducted with any taxes, government dues or contributions. You will have to process those as individuals or voluntary members. No payment will also be collected from our contractors.
How are contractors/staff paid?
We’ve made it easy for you to get paid, no matter where you are. You shall be paid once a month following a cut-off scheduled every 20th of the month. Pay period is from the 21st of the previous month, up to the 20th of the current month. You shall then be given ample time to review your invoice and notify us if any adjustments need to be made. Payments will be released between the 25th to the end of each month. Please note of your Philippine/Local bank’s policy on crediting funds.
Are there leave (sick or vacation leave) credits and paid holidays?
Technically, as independent contractors, you are not entitled to any paid days off, whether a holiday or leave.
During holidays, the client has full discretion to pay for it as goodwill gesture, or just ask you not work on that day.
Are there any benefits like HMO, meal allowances, internet connection allowance, electricity allowance?
As an independent contractor, the benefits mentioned are not offered. Overtime pay is paid for extra hours rendered, and performance bonus based on client’s full discretion may be granted by the client.
**Performance bonus and other monetary compensation in addition to your net base pay, are NOT to be initiated or asked from your clients directly. Otherwise, it will be a violation of the contract and be subject for termination review.
If I have to go on leave or have some sort of technical issues, who do I inform if I’m unable to connect to the internet?
Upon being hired, we will give you an orientation including the policy on notifying Virtual Coworker about your situation or inability to go online for whatever reason.
TERMINATION / RESIGNATION
What if my client decides to terminate me for reasons involving his business or its state?
If a staff is terminated for business related (bankruptcy, no more work, miscalculated budget, management decision) we will make you a priority for an endorsement to other clients/job openings that suit your qualifications.
If I get terminated, will I get any termination pay?
The days you worked for will be paid as usual. No termination or separation pay will be given though.
As a Contractor, can I just give you a notice of resignation and leave or stop work immediately?
Any staff tendering resignation is required to render 2 weeks of notification before they can completely stop working.